Neuropathy is said to an autoimmune disorder that can cause joint pain and damage throughout your body. This results to inflammation which makes the tissue lining the inside of your joints to thicken. This in turn results in swelling around the joints and continuous pain.
The inflammation should not go unchecked as it can cause damage to the cartilage and the tissues which cover bones found at the end of a joint. Losing cartilage will cause the bones to become smaller which make the joints unstable, loose and painful which causes immobility.
Neuropathy commonly attacks joints of the ankles, elbows, knees, hands, wrist and feet. This damage happens in a symmetrical manner to both left and right sides of your body. If a joint is affected in one of your arms or legs, the same joint in the other arm or leg will probably be affected too. This is the one way that doctors can differentiate nerve damage from other forms of arthritis is such as osteoarthritis (OA)
Neuropathy is accompanied by various symptoms:
- Joint pain, swelling, tenderness or stiffness which may occur between a month and more.
- Morning stiffness.
- Multiple joint is affected.
- Other small joints such as wrists are affected.
- The infection occurs on similar joints found in the body.
Along with this pain, it is possible to be fatigued, low appetite and low fever.
What causes Neuropathy?
Abnormal response of the immune system plays a leading role that causes the inflammation and joint damage which occurs. There are other more causes of this condition:
- Exposure to bacteria which are associated with disease affecting the teeth known as periodontal disease.
- Having a history of viral infections like the Epstein-Barr virus, which causes mononucleosis.
- Injury or trauma such as ligament damage, joint dislocation, fracture, and bone breakage.
- Obesity when your body weight is high your legs is unable to support the weight.
- Smoking cigarettes.
Risk Factors for Nerve Damage
A risk factor is something which increases the likelihood of developing a condition or disease. The following factors risk developing nervous system disorders.
- Gender. This disease is more common in women than in men.
- Age. Nerve damage may develop at any age, but it is likely to begin in people aged between 40 and 60 years.
- Genetics as nerve damage is a hereditary disease.
- Smoking makes the outlook for the disease worse.
- Testosterone. Low testosterone in males may be a predictor of peripheral nerve issues.
Consequences of Neuropathy.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome which is a type of nerve damage by compression and irritation of the meridian nerve in the wrist.
- Inflammation in other body parts like the eyes, heart and blood vessels.
- Tendon rupture can become inflamed.
- Cervical myelopathy which is dislocation of the joints at the top of where the spine is.
- Vasculitis, the inflammation of blood vessels.
- Susceptibility to infections, such as pneumonia.
There is no cure for nerve damage, but there are treatments that can help to manage it. Treatments for this condition help to manage the pain and control the inflammatory response which can in many cases result in remission. Decreased inflammation prevents further joint and organ damage.
Treatments may include:
- Pain medications.
They help reduce flare-ups and limit the damage that has been done to your joints. An example of this drug, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and corticosteroids.
- Home remedies.
Certain home remedies and lifestyle adjustments may help to improve your quality of life when living with nerve damage. This includes low-impact exercises, getting enough rest, applying heat or cold to reduce inflammation.
- A special nerve-centered diet.
Dietitians may recommend the anti-inflammatory diet. This diet includes foods that have lots of omega-3 fatty acids, such as fatty fishes, chia seeds, flax seeds, walnuts. What you do not eat is just as important as what you do eat. Make sure to avoid trigger foods. These include processed carbohydrates and saturated or Trans fats.
CBD Oil for Nerve Issues
Cannabinoid has undergone both moral and legal scrutiny. For this reason, a lot of research has been done to clear the air about CBD based products. CBD oils are extracted from hemp or marijuana/ cannabis sativa plants. This is the reason why there is speculation whether the products are legal or not.
Check out this piece: Does CBD Help To Relieve Nerve Pain (Peripheral Neuropathy)?, it really has a ton of great information for mitigating your nerve pain.
One thing that cannot be ignored is the benefits CBD oils have added to the medical field. There is no greater joy than being able to totally calm mind and pain-free body. CBD has made this possible especially to patients suffering from nerve damage as it is characterized by inflammation which can be painful.
Right CBD dosage.
Advisable dosage to use is between 40mg to 160mg daily preferably to be administered orally so that it can be absorbed quickly.
How Does CBD Oil Fight Neuropathy.
CBD oil shows promise as a treatment for arthritis pain. CBD affects receptors in the brain and the immune system meaning it reduces the inflammation and pain. CBD is also promising as it does not have intoxicating effects and has little to no side effects.
CBD oil is known to reduce inflammation and pain for this reason it is a better treatment strategy for arthritis. Everything about CBD and its components is natural which gives it a competitive to prescription drugs. CBD has minimal side effects thus maximizing on its benefits. CBD help the patients deal with their pain and prevents the symptoms of the disease from progressing or reoccurring.
Nerve damage does not have a cure at the moment. If you notice any symptoms related to this condition it is important to visit a doctor as soon as possible. Neuropathy may stop for extended periods, a joint problem caused by nerve damage will usually get worse over time. Early treatment is so important to help delay serious joint damage.
Cannabidiol oils come in different forms there are also pain balms that are applied to affected areas and tinctures that are taken orally. This invention will help you get through those days when the pain is unbearable.